There is an acknowledged risk of lung cancer from radon. If radon gas is inhaled into the lungs, the particles (alpha particles) emitted by it during fission will cause permanent damage to human lung tissue. Over time, the risk of lung cancer will greatly increase.
What Is Radon?
Radon is a colorless, odorless, radioactive gas which is slightly heavier than air. It comes from the radioactive elements uranium and radium in the earth's soil. It enters home through various cracks and pipes in the basement. If the radon gas cannot be discharged outside the house in time, then people will live in the radon gas environment for a long time. The harmful gas can cause minor symptoms like ongoing headaches or could even have a lethal effect, due to its cancer-causing properties.
What are Health Hazards of Radon Gas?
Radon gas is the biggest cause of lung cancer in non-smokers, and it can triple the risk of lung cancer in smokers. About 3,200 Canadians die each year from radon-related diseases, which is far higher than other accidents (such as the chance of dying in a car accident).
Is There Radon in Your House?
Distribution of radon gas is uneven, it is difficult to tell. We can know the radon level in the house after testing.
How to Test Radon Level ?
since lab test requires lab fee, postage and a lot of waiting, and the radon gas test kit is one-time test kit which is impractical for long-term testing, the smart radon detecotr is our first choice.
LifeBasis radon detector is continuous radon test kits which use battery and is completely independent from outlet, very portable, can be placed in any location you want to test.
This smart radon tester equips with large LED screen, comes with long term and short term readings to identify temporary fluctuations.
Fast and accurate reading.
How To Reduce Radon?
1. Increase indoor ventilation. This is the easiest way to reduce radon. Open the doors and windows of the room to form convection or turn on the exhaust fan for ventilation.
2. Seal all the large and small gaps on the walls, including the gaps in the pipes and the cracks and small holes in the ground.
3. Install air filters in indoor, because most radon progeny will be adsorbed on particles in the air.
4. A special air sluice must be installed at the drain to prevent radon, mildew, insects and harmful gases in the pipes from entering the room.
5. If the wall is made of hollow bricks, it must be treated at the junction of the floor, Block the cavity and then seal it with two inches of cement or lime to block radon gas
6. The most effective radon reduction method is an active decompression system under the floor cement slab, and it is also the most used radon reduction method by professionals.
Enjoy & keep healthy!